Inside USC Rossier Online Blog RSS
Take Your Voice Back, Join The Classroom Project
This month, the University of Southern California Rossier School of Education classroom
The National School Supply and Equipment Association (NSSEA) released an annual report that shows the realities of classrooms across the nation. Check out the highlights from the report:
- 3.2 billion was spent on educational materials in the 2012-13 school year, $1.6 billion of those funds came from teachers’ pockets.
- On average, teachers reported spending about $149 of their own money on school supplies, $198 on instructional materials, and $138 on other classroom materials for a total of $485 in the 2012-2013 school year.
oclassroom16win one of 30 prizes, including a $500 Staples gift card! The prizes are valued at over $3,000.
- Write a short blog post (150-300 words) about why you are deserving of more supplies in your classroom and how additional funds would help.
- Include a photo of your classroom – a “View My Classroom” image – and share with us how unique, decorative and fun it is in your world. Make sure images don’t include students’ faces.
- Post an essay to you blog and include The Classroom Project badge to help raise awareness about the need for more supplies in every classroom. (If you don’t have a personal blog you can easily create an account and self submit your post via Tumblr or Blogher.)
- Email your post to Campaign Manager Erika Phyall at Erika.firstname.lastname@example.org to enter the contest.
Support The Classroom Project and Grab a Badge!
Not a teacher? That’s okay! Nominate your favorite teacher that is often purchasing school supplies out of pocket. Forward them this <link > or send their email address to our campaign manager and we will send them an invitation to enter the contest. Don’t forget to follow #ClassroomProject to read touching blog entries from other inspiring teacher contestants.
Prizes are valued at over $3000
• The first-place winner will get a $500 Staples gift card.
• The second-place winner will get a $300 Staples gift card.
• The third-place winner will get a $200 Staples gift card.
• 15 honorable mention winners will get a $100 Staples gift card.
• 12 honorable mention winners will get a $50 Staples gift card.
First, second, and third place winners will be featured on the USC Rossier Online blog.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to teachers at eligible (501(c)(3)-designated) schools who are legal U.S. & DC residents, 18 and older. Void outside U.S. and where prohibited. Starts at 12:00 am PST on 11/18/13; ends at 11:50 pm PST on 12/16/13. For Official Rules, including prize descriptions and how to enter, visit [INSERT DIRECT URL TO OFFICIAL RULES PAGE]
To learn more about how our online Master’s of Education can prepare you to create learning environments where students thrive, request information today.