USC Rossier graduate programs start multiple times throughout the year. Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, and we are happy to help you throughout the application process so that you can be considered for your preferred start date.
The USC Rossier School of Education maintains the same high admissions criteria for our online programs as for our on-campus programs. We seek candidates whose academic background, professional goals, personal commitment and communication skills meet the demands of a rigorous graduate education program.
Deadlines and Admissions Requirements
Please select your program of interest for specific deadlines and admissions requirements:
- Doctor of Education (EdD) in Educational Leadership online (EDL online)
- Doctor of Education (EdD) in Organizational Change and Leadership online (OCL online)
- Master of Arts in Teaching online (MAT online)
- Master of Arts in Teaching –Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages online (TESOL online)
- Master of Education in Learning Design and Technology online (LDT online)
- Master of Education in Enrollment Management and Policy online (EMP online)
- Master of Education in School Counseling online (SC online)
If your prior study was completed outside of the United States, you must have earned the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree to be eligible for admission.
If your native language is not English and you do not have a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. college or university, you will be required to submit a valid score from the TOEFL iBT® (Internet-based test).
The Admissions Committee also may require that you complete a live interview to assess your English communication skills. Because the program content is delivered in English, it is critical to have the ability to understand course materials and collaborate with classmates and faculty. Live interviews may take place in person, by telephone or through Web-based video conferencing.