Guest Post Submission Guidelines
USC Rossier Online is proud to support and help transform teachers, educators and industry leaders across the U.S. and worldwide. Our mission to connect the education community includes the blog content we share with our students, faculty and educators. We feature personal stories from teachers and provide our readers with the resources necessary to help them make great changes in the education community.
We’re now looking to amplify the voices on our blog. USC Rossier is excited to offer education leaders a unique opportunity to guest post for our blog. By becoming a contributing author, you are able to connect with the USC Rossier community and provide guidance and expertise to both current and prospective teachers, as well as those looking to make changes outside of the classroom.
Examples of Successful Guest Posts
The USC Rossier community loves to showcase thoughtful opinions, stories and commentary from expert teachers and industry leaders. Here are examples of previous guest posts:
- Blogging in Education by Dr. Corinne Hyde
- What Will Education Look Like in 20 Years? by Michael W. Niehoff
- How to Use Popplet to Plan Lessons by Diewertje “DJ” Kast
Article Submission Guidelines
- Share your story. Blog pitches should include a brief summary of your article as well as an outline of what you plan to cover. Keep in mind blog posts should be anywhere between 700–900 words.
- Tone of voice. Articles should focus on actionable messaging with a “how-to” attitude. Your stories should inspire teachers, educators and industry leaders to follow in your footsteps or share their stories with the USC Rossier community.
- Unique content. Guest posts for USC Rossier must be original, unpublished work that has not previously appeared on your personal blog or an external outlet, and should be submitted as a Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Research-based. We encourage outside resources! When referencing facts and figures, you should include in-text links as citations to your sources.
- Use of multimedia. You may include 2–3 high-resolution, appropriate images that are related to your article. We also encourage embedded videos from YouTube or Vimeo, and we are .gif-friendly as well.
- Share your expertise. Please include a 2–3 sentence bio that showcases your background in the field and demonstrates why you’re an expert on the topic. Feel free to include a link to your personal website as well as one social asset.
Please submit all guest post proposals to Michelle Manno, Blog and Communications Manager, at email@example.com with the subject line “Guest Post Submission: [Topic]”